Recap of Christian Worldview Film Festival
03/30/2016 11:00 AM Filed in: Film Festival | CWVFF
We wanted to write a short recap of our main takeaways from the Christian Worldview Film Festival. It was an absolutely amazing festival and we highly recommend this film festival for any aspiring or veteran Christian filmmaker!
The core values of the film festival really show the heart of this festival and what it is all about.
1. Jesus Christ is preeminent. (Colossians 1:18)
2. Humility is not an option. (Philippians 2:3, 1 Peter 5:5)
3. Your primary call is to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. (Luke 14:33)
4. An authentic portrayal of the world is not Godless or Christless. (Psalm 14:1)
5. Filmmaking should not replace personal evangelism or discipleship. (Matthew 28:18-20)
6. There's only one epic story that changes the world. (1 Corinthians 2:2, 2 Corinthians 4:5)
7. Esteem others as more important than yourself. (Philippians 2:3)
8. Embrace critique. (Proverbe 11:14, Ephesians 5:21)
9. Honor Christ in the entire production, not just the final product. (1 Corinthians 10:31, 1 Corinthians 16:14)
10. A good story with a good worldview can transcend a big budget. (1 Timothy 6:6-10)
These core values were emphasized over and over again throughout the entire week.
Even though we walked away with two awards and a nomination, these ten core values were the most important thing we walked away with. Jesus Christ is preeminent! It does not matter how many people are following your ministry and viewing your films, what matters is that we are living in the shadow of Jesus, giving Him alone all the glory, honor, and praise. As soon as you take your eyes off Jesus, your films are going to be powerless for impacting eternity. Keep your eyes on Jesus and on Him alone! No matter how great of a film we might make, 100 years from now they will be all but forgotten. Yet, Jesus is still going to be around, He is eternal and the only one worth living for!
So our encouragement to any filmmaker out there is this, put Jesus first, be faithful with what you have been given, and leave the results up to God!
By God's grace and for His glory!
Some other great quotes from the week -
"Pursue excellence, not perfection."
"Souls first, not sales."
"The most important relationship in our lives is our relationship with Jesus Christ."
"Speak well of others. Never speak poorly of another artist or producer or filmmaker."
"Seek God in diligent prayer."
"The gospel is worth more than a million dollars, why don't we share it more?"